Sunday, September 30, 2012

Upside-Down

Life is a little upside down right now, but I'm hanging on..

...There's a huge future ahead of me, with lots of decisions involved in that future.  To be perfectly honest, the opportunities, options, decisions,  risks, uncertainties, and unknowns have me pretty scared.  I feel like I'm looking over a valley from the top of a mountain and I have to decide which route to take to get to the other side.  For some reason, the route I choose feels like it will change my life forever with no going back.  I guess this is true in some ways, but a little dramatic in another...
Colorado won my heart.
The path is narrow, but the destination worth the danger and sacrifice
 I'm excited to start this new path and look forward to the adventures that are in store, but I'm scared at the same time.  I'm very independent, but it would be nice to have some guarantees.  My life is so varied.  I am a Christian and daughter of the Most High God.  I am a sister, a daughter, and a friend.  The people in my life who love me will always be there for me, no matter where I move next June.  I am humbled by their love and belief in me. 
Kristen and I have been friends since the day we were born.  She's married with a beautiful daughter.  So very different, but so very close.

These girls are my life.  Aly and Christina are my best friends, Brittany is my sweet sister.  They keep me from doing extremely stupid things, and reel me back in when I slip stupidity past them, with regret.  We are all in such different stages of life, but we fit together like peanut butter and jelly.
Fourth year of vet school is exciting, fun, intimidating, and a constant reminder that the clock is ticking down to the "real world."  I'm almost ready.  Almost.

Dr. Philips (aka "Phil") has been one of my biggest supporters.  She doesn't mince words and tells me when I'm being an idiot, while encouraging me when I forget the gifts God has given me.

Adele, one of my favorite patients.  She was intense, but I learned so much with her.  She is a big reason I want to be a surgeon, now.

Cutting a colic with Dr. Whitfield.  Being treated like a doctor is intimidating, but forces you to rise to the challenge.

I am a CrossFitter. This will never change.  My prayer is that I will continue to live a life of fitness, and I will pass that lifestyle along to my husband, children, and community when the time arises. 
These images are a collage that depicts the many facets of my life, my personality, and my support system.  I doubt anyone actually reads this, but if you do, I would ask for your prayers.  I am at the point where I need to make decisions that will affect my future in a dramatic way.  I need to rest in the Spirit of the Lord and know that His plan is perfect, no matter how hard that decision may be.  Where I will move, who I will work for, and who I will allow to influence my life.  It's a blessing to be single at this time so that I can make these decisions without having to factor in another person's future into the equation, but that also makes the decisions frustrating.  I simply ask that you pray that my ears and eyes would ignore the draw of paths that are not in God's plan, and that my heart and spirit would become hypersensitive to the Voice of the Holy Spirit so that my will would be lined up with His. All other things fall into place when your spirit is in alignment with the Will of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment